Step 1. Log in
To place an order, you’ll first need to log in. If you’ve contacted us already, you should have your unique member login details. If not, or if you would like them again, please use the “Forgotten password” button on the login page.
Step 2. Upload your Files
Start your order by uploading the files that you want us to translate.
- Click to add your files, then browse and select your files to upload. Or,
- Drag and drop files onto the file list.
Note: We accept a wide variety of file types including .docx, .xlsx, .pptx, .idml and .json. For a complete list of files we work with, read our available content services based on file type below.
Add content services based on your file type
We provide content services for your files, if needed:
- Our Full DTP service, for when your text has formatting that you want to preserve in the target file.
- Our Image Handling service that extracts the text from your images and translates this too.
- Our Non-Standard File Filtering service for when you only want specific sections of your content to be translated.
Our ordering platform can also be configured to automatically add (if appropriate) these services onto your orders if you frequently order the same services for the same file types. Read more on custom automation below.
How to add additional services from our ordering platform
1. As you add files to your order, select the basket icon ( ) adjacent to your file that requires additional services.
You’ll see a form with additional service options tailored to your source file type.
2. Select the services you need and add instructions for your requirements in the box provided.
3. If these instructions apply to other similar files you have uploaded, use the checkboxes to identify these.
4. Select Save.
5. Select Close.
Expand the sections below to learn more about our available services by file type
Automating frequent repeat ordering
If you frequently make repeat orders of the same file type, our ordering platform can be configured to automatically add services (if appropriate) based on your file type and needs, ensuring consistency and speed with every order.
Please speak with a member of our team directly if you would like to set up a custom automation.
How to view and edit your automated configurations
As you add your files in our ordering platform, a cog icon () next to the basket lets you know where we are using your automated custom configurations. You can view a summary of these by hovering your mouse over the cog or you can click on the basket next to it for more details.
You always have the option to override your custom automation, if you wish
For example, if you have a file that needs different services or filtering from your normal file orders you can use the process for a unique order explained above. In this case, we won’t use your automated configurations and will instead translate according to your specific requirements in this instance.
Step 3. Select languages and add to order
Quick tip – It is important that you always select the correct and consistent language variations when you place your orders to ensure that the correct Translation Memory and translators are used. For example, selecting “English (US) en-us” will use your US English Translation Memory and not a UK English Translation Memory.
The best and easiest way to ensure you always select your correct languages and services is to set your default languages or create order templates.
- Select the Source language for your files.
- Select the Target(s) languages that you would like the file/s translated into.
- Select your service level.
- Select Add to Order.
Step 4. Review your order and add your order details
When you have added files to your order they will be listed in the Finalize your Order panel on the Order page. You can continue to add items to your order scrolling to the top of the page and uploading further files, selecting your order template and then adding these to your order (steps 2 and 3 of this guide).
Your files, language combinations and services will be listed in the “Finalize your order” panel and the cost will be displayed where the metrics have been calculated.
Where we cannot automatically calculate metrics for your files you can request a quote.
- Complete the order name field with your own project reference.
- Complete the PO number field if you have your own.
- Upload any auxiliary files (these files will not be translated but will be provided to your translators for reference).
- Select the subject matter of your content. Please select from the drop down menu the broad subject that your content fits under, not the nature of your business. For example, if you’re sending us a white paper on medical research for translation, please select “Medicine and Pharmaceuticals”. Selecting the right subject matter helps us assign the right translators to your content.
- Add any information for the PM or translators in the Instructions field, e.g. information about words that must remain in English or if the translation is limited by a character count.
Step 5. Place your order, request or save your quote
The final step before placing your order or requesting a quote is to add your order details.
If we can automatically price your order without File Filtering or Desktop Publishing you will be able to Place Order or Save Quote.
If your order requires any additional services e.g. Desktop Publishing, Image Handling or File Filtering you also have the option to request a quote from us. If you select this option, we will then review your files and additional requirements, update your quote and deadline, and email you when the quote is ready for you to approve.
1. Select place your order. Or…
2. Select to request or save quote.
- Select place your order. Or
- Select to request or save quote.
Note: If you request a quote our File Filtering or Desktop Publishing team will review your requirements and will update your quote. When your quote is ready you will receive an email with a link to review and approve the quote.
Our team will then review your project, update the project deadline if this is required and you will receive an email from Ease when your project is complete and your translations are ready for you to download.
You can search and view your projects, source and target files from the Projects page at any time.